|
Sunday, December 01, 2002
You: "Hi"
Friend X: ... You: "Hello?" Friend X: ... You: "FINE WHATEVER!" Friend X: "Oh Hi" You, after muttering too yourself a little and holding back frustration: What's up?" Friend X: ... You: "AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Does this sounds familiar? This is an all-too-common symptom of my favorite friendship disorder: estrangement. It basically means your good old buddy has a nice new life that really doesn't have any time for you. Basically, it sucks. Lots of things lead to "estrangement." Among them, people change. I know, I know, people are SUPPOSED to change, but when you lose common ground with someone, that has some not-so-great consequences on a friendship. Also, communication is a two-way deal, and its the blood of friendships: friendships just die without it. So therefore, if ONE person doesn't talk, the other person is left desperately (and pointlessly) trying to pump blood to the whole body. I hear this leads to some severe cardiovascular problems. Weird. Current Mood: Eh Current Music: 3D - TLC
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home |
|
|