Thursday, January 23, 2003
Ok, so I just had the most vile day of my new year, and...I'm over it!

Sweet.

So, first of all, I had issues with the registrar and registering for my indepedent research class (PSYC98b). I'm going to be working under Mark Saviano in Dr. Watson's research group - which is definitely something I'm really excited about, but getting the paperwork done is somewhat unnerving. I spent all day trying to get Dr. Watson's signature on a form that the psychology office gave me, and when I got to the registrar, they informed me I had been given a --very-- outdated form. They handed me an all-too-complicated new form and explained that I needed to get it in - by tommorow - and meet with both Watson and Saviano to complete it. Damn. Well, I weaseled an extra few days out of the registrar, but it's still an inconvenience.

Then, I lost my brand new leather (albeit from Building 19 1/15) gloves. I liked them, they were cool, now I mourn them. :( My mom is sending new ones. Yay Mom!

Then I had an attrocious biology lab that centered around fruit flies. It will continue for several weeks. Unfortunately, many of my non-biology friends (Rachel...Dianne...) might get dragged into this horrifying experience, as well. Run. I hate it when my week centers around finding virgin female mutant fruitflies (Hey, sounds like a spinoff of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - woooooo). Maybe I'll write a song about it and submitt it to next years lab manual...under the name Sara Berg.

So...what cheered me up in the end? It certainly wasn't the Fruitloop-centered sherman meal I had after lab. Actually, it was - not too surprising to those who know me - a Bjork song, the incredibly ecstatic "Alarm Call." Bjork's happiness is infectious. Here's some lyrics from it:

I have walked this earth
and watched people (It doesn't scare me at all)
I can be sincere
And say I like them (It doesn't scare me at all)
You can't say no to hope
Can't say no to happiness


I want to go on a mountain-top
With a radio and good batteries
And play a joyous tune and
Free the human race
From suffering

I'm no fucking buddhist
But this is enlightenment (It doesn't scare me at all)
The less room you give me
The more space I've got (It doesnt scare me at all)
You can't say no to hope
Can't say no to happiness

This is an alarm call
So wake up, wake up now
Today has never happened
And it doesnt frighten me


It doesn't scare me at all


Current Mood: Much Improved!
Current Music: "Alarm Call" ~ Bjork

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home


September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
March 2004
April 2004
August 2004
November 2004
January 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
August 2006
Current


Caitlin
Carrie
Rachel


Comixfan
Dinosaur Comics
Marvel
Newsarama
Ph.D. Comics
The Pulse
Uncanny X-Men